Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Connections

Yesterday was our quarterly "Cousin's Lunch." We've been meeting for nearly 4 years, now. It's one of the best things we do. When I was young, I bonded closely with several cousins that were about my same age. But now, I am getting better acquainted with several of my cousins who are older than I, and learning to love and appreciate them so much more. Sometimes we have a harder time building a relationship with people who are older or younger, or different in some significant way from ourselves. I've even known a couple who got divorced because, they claimed, they no longer had anything in common. Seems to me that a little effort can always result in wonderful discoveries on common ground. I find myself really enjoying a special friendship with these cousins I virtually ignored, growing up. I'm glad, because it's important to make and keep family bonds. That's my thoughts...

ps I thinki it's sad that poor Savannah is stuck and nobody (besides Eric) will take time to rescue her.

No comments: