Sunday, April 26, 2009

Help me! I've fallen and I can't get up!

I'm trying to think of the perfect idea for a picture book that would WOW the publishing world with its unique approach to a universal theme. Particularly, I would hope to find something publishable by Deseret Books' Shadow Mountain imprint. They are incredibly fussy, especially with the present economic issues. So---put on your thinking caps and tell me what you're looking for in the perfect picture book for your family.
ps Deseret Book has already rejected my book on Annie-dog and the collection of poems celebrating the Sweetwater Corridor in western history, and the fairytale I wrote about the girl who wishes and wishes and finally turns into the wishing star.

2 comments:

Ami Paulsen said...

Good luck! I don't have any ideas, but if I did, I'd probably write them myself. That's too bad about the Annie stories. I bet people would have liked them.

Wendy Lady said...

No ideas from me, either. Have you tried another publisher? Deseret Book is just one of many!