I was invited to accompany Shannon and her girls on an outing yesterday to visit the Beehive House. It was the "field trip" part of their study of Brigham Young. It was great fun. And afterwards, we stopped at McDonald's for ice-cream. Alyssa was doing her best not to be messy, but somehow that stuff got all over her chin. I watched as she used the heel of her hand to wipe it off, and then licked her hand. She reminded me of a little kitten.
I miss ice-cream more than any other dessert. It was part of nearly every special memory from my childhood. Uncle Jim sometimes just showed up, stuffed us all in his car and took us to eat ice-cream. We went to Snelgroves for my high school graduation celebration. More than once we went to Ice-Berg Drive-In for milk shakes, wherein we all ate our favorite flavor first, and then ordered another in someone else's favorite flavor to experience the whole package. Then we'd finish by all having an ice-cream cone.
One glorious day, Mom took me to the doctor to see why my skin was so scaly. He wrote out a prescription for ice-cream! Told me to eat as much of it as I liked. This is true.
Share your ice-cream memory!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I remember going to Ice-Burg whenever we went to Salt Lake to see Grandma. Mmmmm. The hard part was picking a flavor.
I'll admit it ... I think that ice cream should be one of the basic food groups. I enjoy it so much that it has been a topping for all kinds of things. Once, back in my dating days, a guy I was dating said that I probably had ice cream on my toast. That was a challenge, so I tried it out and love it to this day!
Post a Comment