I've been thinking about sleeping positions--having witnessed little Simon's favorite: on elbows and knees with face smashed into the mattress (refer to Jacob for a picture). Dad's most frequent is on his side, with one hand under his head and the other holding his chin. I've wondered if it is a subconscious form of keeping himself from snoring or talking in his sleep...
Then I remember Eric napping once with his hands in his pockets, Shannon rolled up in a blanket, tied with ropes and perched on the top of the headboard (about 4 " wide). And the grand-sleeper of all, Jeff, who could sleep virtually in any position in any place. I have a photo of him in his highchair, hands behind his head, flung back and mouth open; another one he is face forward onto the table smeared with spaghetti sauce; one he's curled into a stuffed chair, etc.
I have to change positions frequently, but generally am on the side/back one way or another. I suppose the important thing is that we do sleep. Such a lovely thing it is, too.
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment