Friday, June 6, 2008
Pondering on the Parade of Homes
We love viewing the houses each year in the Parade of Homes. The innovations and clever uses of space, decorating ideas and new materials out there are fun to see. But mostly, it's intriguing to see what can be done when money isn't a factor--or rather, the lack of it. If you had all the money necessary, I wonder what differences there would be? I would not spend ALL my money on a house, anyhow. Don't want 6 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, home theater, indoor basketball court and 3 kitchens. But I'd love a fireplace in the master suite, my own balcony. A turret for the grand piano, a playroom with an indoor treehouse, a stage and a dollhouse etc. Dad would like the outdoor fireplace, a hot tub and a private waterfall...I'm guessing. Don't need real granite countertops (we saw some that were cement, painted and glazed, too) but it would be nice. We see dumb stuff, too. There was a kitchen floor of bricks--looked really cool but how do you mop that? Somebody put carpet in the laundry/mud room--that's asking for trouble. But it's sure fun to see the old-fashioned sinks make a comeback (even if they're not very practical) and a living room with 3 French doors on either side--now that's cross ventilation!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment