Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Art



One of the things I love most about summer is the chance to teach watercolor classes to kids. I divide up by age group and model the methods for the kids to create a complete project in each class. The kids love it. It's so satisfying to see them light up with the pride of accomplishment. Their parents are always impressed. I had some first-time participants this year, that were so enthused that their parents rearranged birthday parties in order for the kids to come back the next week. This nest image was done with a group of 9-11 yr olds. the southern Utah landscape I did "one-on-one" with a 13-yr old girl that has been a repeat student for several years. That I may produce a marketable painting is a bonus to the project. Everybody wins. And this year I also am working with a couple of adults who discovered the chance to develop their talents. Great fun! Art is so therapeutic, for any age.

No comments: