I'm going out on an unusual limb, here, and stating my view of capital punishment.
1. If guilty of rape or murder, and guilt is proven beyond a doubt, I believe the criminal should pay with his own life.
2. I don't approve of years of prison, appeals, and other nonsense that cost the taxpayer thousands of dollars and only mocks justice. Even when the perpetrator has "learned his lesson" or "changed his ways," justice demands retribution. When life is taken or forever altered, the only way to compensate is to give a life in return. If repentant, the person is in a better position to meet his maker, but not in a position to skip the consequences of past choices.
3. Death should be humanely delivered. But the criminal has forfeited his rights by the choices made, and is not qualified to balk at the methods or timing. And the timing should be "the sooner the better" once absolute guilt is established.
The End.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen and amen.
I so agree!
Post a Comment