Friday, April 9, 2010
Sight
All my life, ALL MY LIFE, I have been just a bit short of blind. I've had glasses, thank goodness, and wore contact lens for many years, rejoicing in every new prescription that made things better once again, for awhile. I've sat in the front row of every school class, church meeting,theatrical performance or concert (paying more for such seats) whenever I could. And to learn how to see beyond my physical ability, I became a painter, viewing the world with my heart, more than my eyes. I've been grateful to see at all. Then, a few years ago, I began a frightening journey that could have led to complete blindness. The retina detached from my right eye, leaving a tear and a field of blankness. It was repaired through the miracles of modern technology and the healing help of faith and divine power. But the journey wasn't over, yet. Cataracts have been developing, again threatening my vision. The surgery for that poses certain risks for anyone, but are higher for people like me, with retinal weakness and out-to-lunch myopia. But I felt peaceful as I prayed for comfort and have gone ahead with the operation. The first one is behind me. The second only a couple of days away. Even with just one eye done so far, I have been thrilled beyond description. How does one find words! I guess these three will have to do: I CAN SEE! I can SEE! I CAN see! I. Can. See!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love your appreciation of such a prescious gift. I think about the many who can't or won't "see" anything, especially good, yet have 20-20 vision.
As every artist realizes, you must not just look, but see. I'm so happy that you are able to truly see in so very many important ways.
I'm beyond thrilled!
Post a Comment