I've spent some time at Jacob and Ami's house. I ought to have been perfectly qualified to keep Simon safe, fed and happy. I should have been capable of maintaining an easy level of function when no major household tasks were required. Though old and feeble compared to my mothering days, and recovering from eye surgeries, I did not anticipate the challenge, accurately.
1. Simon is two. He has begun to react to input and discovered there are choices. He has preferences and expectations. And a temper.ie "No change diapy!"
2. When I get tired enough, my standards for entertainment crash. ie "Ok, Simon, you can watch the Baby Einstein video again, even though you've seen it 6 times today."
3. I'd forgotten that just because I do a,b and c, it does NOT follow that the child will respond as programmed. ie Cut up the sandwich into cute bites and tell silly song/stories to seduce the boy into eating...and he spits it out, screaming. However,
4. It's a joy and a privilege I wouldn't trade for all the diamonds in Africa. ie "I lub you Gandma."
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it's all about perspective...
Post a Comment