Friday, January 30, 2009

Art Talk

Last night was the first meeting this year for the Utah Valley Artist Guild, of which I am an officer. People brought goodies for a pot luck supper and a painting or two to share in a Friendly Feedback session. I can't help it. I am so enthused to paint I can barely do anything else. I don't think that's all bad, but it can be a little off balance. I've started to paint from a photo taken at Tiffany's wedding of the punch bowl and cups surrounded by twinkly lights. It's not the sort of thing I think anyone in their right mind would likely put on their wall. But it is so fun to paint! Sometimes I have to do something just for fun. I don't care if it sells, wins a prize or impresses my fussy family. So there. I've admitted my frivolous side. It's probably not a sin to have a frivolous side...is it?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Of course not!...as long as it doesn't take over.