Well, I am in the middle of an Historical Event. Today is the inauguration of President Donald Trump. The entire election process was more violent, divisive, controversial, and just plain ugly, than any previous election in this country. And, there he is: the center of all that, and now at the center of the American Stage, as the Chief Officer.
I am not entering into any debate. It has been nasty enough. What I would like to do is express my feelings about the State of Things. I am by nature optimistic. And we need optimism. I also have faith in God, and an absolute assurance that He is watching over this country and its people. And we need faith. I recognize that Divine help created the United States of America in the first place; and that the price for His continued support is to serve the God of this land. We need to live the Christian principles and values that will earn His blessing. Most of us are not evil. Most of us still try to do good and be good. That is why I have hope. And we need hope. We need goodness.
Even though this new chapter may be alarming, I refuse to be alarmed. I believe that I can find peace. Optimism, faith, goodness, and hope are stronger than fear. And we need not be overcome.
Friday, January 20, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment