Here's the latest in my "Portals" painting project (the exhibit scheduled for the Terra Nova Gallery in May). This was especially fun since the sentiment is so clearly expressed in such an image. The pity was that we never actually entered the shop this metal sculpture guarded. For all I know, they could have sold birdseed. But the image was certainly fun to turn into art. And I am having a great time planning and executing paintings for this exhibit.
Monday, January 17, 2011
The Sign of the Stork
Here's the latest in my "Portals" painting project (the exhibit scheduled for the Terra Nova Gallery in May). This was especially fun since the sentiment is so clearly expressed in such an image. The pity was that we never actually entered the shop this metal sculpture guarded. For all I know, they could have sold birdseed. But the image was certainly fun to turn into art. And I am having a great time planning and executing paintings for this exhibit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love this one. Maybe 'cause the stork just dropped off a couple of babies in our family named Lucy and Amelia.
Sold! A woman at our Artist Guild mtg. bought it for her husband who happens to be an OB/GYN. Now what do I put in the exhibit? Can I paint this image again in a different size?
Post a Comment