
There is nothing quite so thrilling as holding a newborn baby in my arms. The bonus blessing is when I am holding a member of my own posterity. Besides the miracle of birth in general, that awesome recognition that signifies hope and love and endless possibilities; there is the great light of familial bond in her eyes. I feel she is "recognizing" me back. I don't ever remember not being baby-hungry. Doesn't matter that I'm an old lady or that I could never keep up with the demands of a toddler full-time, any more. Doesn't matter that I am well satisfied with my life in its present season and enjoying other pursuits. Doesn't matter that the world is a scary place that may not be safe or sane for another generation. I simply ADORE a new baby. And this little Lucy-doll is pure magic.
1 comment:
I love Baby Lucy!!
Post a Comment