In the story, the Fairy Godmother arrived in a timely fashion to magic up transportation, a classic ensemble, complete with shoes that will hurt the feet in no time, and a time limit. But, for some reason, we think Cinderella is a lucky thing and deserves her prince because of all the drudgery she's performed slaving at home. Well, my story differs in significant ways. I gave up drudgery years ago, but what I do still qualifies me for a magical night. And my Prince arrived in a timely fashion to provide me a stunning ensemble (but I wore comfortable shoes), transportation and a time limit ('cause High Council meets early Sun. morning). So we went to the Art Ball, and I saw droves of princesses who seemed full of confidence and poise (even in their ridiculous shoes), and quite a few princes (though many escorts were only prince apprentices), and several Fairy Godmothers (most of them wielding cameras to record their particular princess in her ball finery). And the clock went ticking by...while we watched the princesses dance, admired the remarkable art (the ball is held at the Art Museum, after all, and is in celebration of the Spring Salon), and relished the gourmet buffet. We left well before midnight, but felt quite satisfied. And best of all, I took my prince home with me. And I got to keep the dress, too.
Monday, May 24, 2010
Cinderella 2010
In the story, the Fairy Godmother arrived in a timely fashion to magic up transportation, a classic ensemble, complete with shoes that will hurt the feet in no time, and a time limit. But, for some reason, we think Cinderella is a lucky thing and deserves her prince because of all the drudgery she's performed slaving at home. Well, my story differs in significant ways. I gave up drudgery years ago, but what I do still qualifies me for a magical night. And my Prince arrived in a timely fashion to provide me a stunning ensemble (but I wore comfortable shoes), transportation and a time limit ('cause High Council meets early Sun. morning). So we went to the Art Ball, and I saw droves of princesses who seemed full of confidence and poise (even in their ridiculous shoes), and quite a few princes (though many escorts were only prince apprentices), and several Fairy Godmothers (most of them wielding cameras to record their particular princess in her ball finery). And the clock went ticking by...while we watched the princesses dance, admired the remarkable art (the ball is held at the Art Museum, after all, and is in celebration of the Spring Salon), and relished the gourmet buffet. We left well before midnight, but felt quite satisfied. And best of all, I took my prince home with me. And I got to keep the dress, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm always happy to hear a "happily ever after." Glad you enjoyed yours.
Post a Comment