Sometimes, I need to stretch a little. Like a butterfly coming out of a cocoon, I want to discover myself again. Maybe because it's spring...anyhow, I've had a grand time painting this piece. I like the movement, the variety and the play of cool and warm colors. It's not like my usual art, at all, but I've felt some terrific satisfaction at pulling off something so out of my ordinary. It's even bigger than usual: 24" X 24" and in-your-face bold rather than the subtle, peaceful stuff I usually produce. It might not be good enough to get into the Spring Salon, but I'm going to try it. Either way, I'm dancing with the fish.
Friday, March 26, 2010
"Koitillion"
Sometimes, I need to stretch a little. Like a butterfly coming out of a cocoon, I want to discover myself again. Maybe because it's spring...anyhow, I've had a grand time painting this piece. I like the movement, the variety and the play of cool and warm colors. It's not like my usual art, at all, but I've felt some terrific satisfaction at pulling off something so out of my ordinary. It's even bigger than usual: 24" X 24" and in-your-face bold rather than the subtle, peaceful stuff I usually produce. It might not be good enough to get into the Spring Salon, but I'm going to try it. Either way, I'm dancing with the fish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Linda, this is beautiful! brings back wonderful memories. Our daughter Lori and I made a lovely "Water Garden" for her Laurel project. It really took us several years to complete and was a spiritual experience. Lori's Koi became her joy and link to a peaceful world. Congrats, JerrieDean
Looks really good Mom.
Post a Comment