Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Calendar Project



It's funny how spoiled I've become over the years. I sort of take for granted that I can communicate effectively. It's always been one of my "talents," I thought. So, discovering that the printer did NOT share the vision I supposedly painted for him, over and over, has been really irritating. I think he was irritated, too. And add to that, the vision the computer designer person at the printing place had didn't match either of us...you get the picture. Which is why I eventually drew a picture. And even then, the product didn't match exactly what I'd asked for. Oh, there were plenty of valid reasons. And dealing with a technical world I don't normally live in was certainly part of the problem. But, one would think we could eventually come to an understanding. I think we did. But I had to compromise a bit of my vision. Anyhow, the calendars are now available for sale, and we can hope that others enjoy the result. It's certainly exciting to see my work in this format; and I'm happy to have learned something along the way. Next year surely will be easier, won't it?

3 comments:

Eric said...

And where do you go to buy such things?

Linda G. Paulsen said...

They are at my house, at wholesale cost, or in a couple of galleries for more. I plan to gift them to family for Christmas--but if you have friends or coworkers who are interested, let me know.

Wendy Lady said...

I love the calendar . . . especially knowing that my wonderful friend was the source of inspiration and talent. Thanks for sharing.