Monday, March 23, 2009
Peace, Be Still
We had the opportunity to attend the last session of the Dedication ceremonies of the Draper Utah Temple on Sunday. Although our participation was by satellite, the spirit of the occasion was easily felt by all in our building. Before the meeting started, the screen showed different views, inside and outside, of the new temple while played a recording of the tabernacle choir singing various songs, including some of my favorite primary hymns. We hadn't been to Draper to the open house, so these images were the first views I'd had of the temple. I sat there for an hour watching and listening. The people coming into the chapel were very quiet. It was a much needed restfulness and peace that one only feels when in such a setting. I thought of the scripture, "Be still and know that I am God." Truly, I have to make myself be still once in awhile to remember that His love and influence can reach me, no matter what. It was a lovely interlude in life's hectic-ness. We ought to make a "stillness" now and then, of our own accord, rather than wait for it to come to us. I hope I remember that. And I'm passing it on to you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment