Wednesday, February 25, 2009


I am a Romantic. This you know. Stir that into the artistic mix and you get an occassional odd product. When I was young, I spent a great deal of my free time designing princess gowns. Nowadays, I produce other results. Such as this painting, the image of which came from a photo I took at Tiffany's wedding reception. It's called "Wedding Punch." I'm not at all sure anyone would ever want to put it on a wall, but it was great fun to paint. I just indulged myself and did it! So, what do you think? I'd appreciate some honest comments on this. It's hard for me to judge it. (It's 18 X 24 in oil) Thanks!

6 comments:

Eric said...

I really like all the red in it. It looks cool. I agree that it may not end up on a wall somewhere, just because of the subject matter, but who cares.

Jacob S. Paulsen said...

Thought it was a picture until I read the text of the post.Very cool but once again I don't think its going to sell quickly.

Ami Paulsen said...

Honestly, I think it's amazing! I actually think it's some of the best work of yours I've seen. It looks like a picture. I do disagree with you, Jacob and Eric though. I'd totally hang it on my wall! I'm like that though.

Shannon said...

I like it.

Wendy Lady said...

I love the color and the brightness it emanates. Who knows? Maybe a reception center or caterer would like it on their wall.

Jolene said...

My first impression was that it was a photgraph. I think it is a unique painting. I'm sure someone would love it on their wall.