Friday, December 5, 2008

Ornamentation

This has been such a remarkable season for ornament sales, I had to say something. Early this fall I decided to start painting so that I could get some ornaments into the galleries that carry my stuff. While waiting for Twiggs and Moore to open (I'd gotten there a bit early), I heard a lady talking about always buying an angel ornament for her daughter each year. I introduced myself and showed her the angel ornament in my bag and she bought it on the spot. Meanwhile, I entered a few temple ornaments into the State Fair (won a red ribbon) and thus was discovered by a lady who ordered $100 worth to resell in her boutique. A nieghbor guy asked me to paint and sell him some for his craft fair booths for the season. He took $100 worth with more to come. I had to keep painting. Donna W. in Rock Springs got her standard number for over $100. Then I felt compelled to participate in the Barn Exhibit in Mapleton. It was an odd thing. Anyhow, contacts there led to other ornament sales of $145 and the sale of a painting! Other assorted sales have put me over the $550 mark, just this season! And I don't yet know how the 3 galleries will do. And I remind you of the sale of the Rock Canyon painting and ensuing commission for a portrait. I believe this success has come because I have been a better visiting teacher these last few months. I've been told more than once that this particular calling is connected to my level of blessings. If ever I needed evidence of that promise, this season has produced it. "Prove me now, herewith" He says. Worth thinking about.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

What is required for a toddler to be potty-trained?

Linda G. Paulsen said...

I wouldn't be surprised, in your case, if it involved supporting scouts without murmuring...