Friday, September 19, 2008

one small lecture on a big topic

Okay, so I haven't passed on the Pollyanna Principle adequately to my children. Either you're all wallowing in misery without seeing the glimmers of hope sparkling in the mud, or you're so busy you haven't taken time to write them down on my previous blog. It's important to be grateful for the glimmers. If you see them, say them out loud. If you don't see them, look again. End of lecture.

3 comments:

Jacob S. Paulsen said...

Who is Pollyana and what is her principle

Shannon said...

I see hope but I don't want to discuss it on a blog because than I would have to discuss the downs to show why the hope.

Linda G. Paulsen said...

Pollyanna is a fictional character who famously could always find the good in a situation, no matter how awful it seemed. She was orphaned and sent to live with her grumpy maiden aunt in a grumpy town. She changed just about everyone by her cheerful and kind example. Disney made a movie of it with Haley Mills.
She was one of my heroes as a kid. I guess she still is.