A woman in Florida heard suggestive noises in the night and upon investigation, discovered an 8-ft. alligator having a midnight snack in her kitchen. Well, it gives one pause. When I hear bumps in the night, I can assume a critter in my kitchen, too. But it is likely to be dog Downey. Suppose the gator had met up with a dog or cat in the kitchen...perhaps the snack would have been fresh meat. The noises would have been less "suggestive" and more "for sure."
What prompts an alligator to check out a lady's kitchen? Maybe he'd never had a grandma of his own (she was 69), and granny's are known to provide cookies. Maybe she'd just mopped the floor and the temptation to leave swampy footprints was just too delicious. Maybe he was looking for a prize behind door number 3. Who knows? I am just thankful that around here the wild critters likely to invade kitchens are not as toothsome. Of course, I'm thinking of deer and raccoons. It could be just as exciting, I suppose, to contemplate a cougar or try to skedaddle a skunk...
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Was it a Salt Water Crocodile? They are the largest reptile in the world as long as 21 feet long and as tall as 3 1/2 feet. I really want a stuffed Salt Water Crocodile. As for creatures in the kitchen it could have been big foot like in Harry and the Hendersons :)
Maybe she should have made that croc a sandwich. A good sandwich can solve so many problems.
What the lady didn't see was the old zebra that wondered through looking for some salad or fresh greens. The crocodile was just trying to do his job.
Post a Comment